This is a great Fall cocktail coupling cinnamon and apple cider flavors. Cocktail was inspired by Neil Young's song by the same name.
- 1 oz. Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka
- 0.75 oz. Cinnamon Simple Syrup*
- 2 oz. local apple cider
- cinnamon stick and orange wheel for garnish
- *Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup sugar (white or demerara)
- 1 cup water
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Reduce the heat and add the cinnamon stick. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow entire mixture to cool for at least one hour. Remove cinnamon stick, pour syrup into a mason jar and refrigerate. The syrup will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Add Boyd & Blair, cinnamon simple syrup and apple cider to a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Using a micro plane shave cinnamon on top of drink and garnish with cinnamon stick and orange wheel.